We earn money on this site through:
– Affiliate commissions
– Advertising partnerships
1. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to website services, email notifications, and newsletters (including your country or region and email address).
2. Any information that you choose to send to us when contacting us using any contact form our website, any independent contact form that we establish, via our social media channels or by email.
3. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
4. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
1. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
2. We use it to improve your experience by personalising the website, app or digital tool.
3. We use it to seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
4. We use it to notify you of changes to our services.
5. We use it to send you purchased goods (if and when that function becomes available) and to supply to you services purchased;
6. We use it to send you general (non-marketing) and non-commercial communications.
7. We use it to send you emails from time to time.
8. We use it to send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to Sparkpick.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use WordPress to power our website. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as it is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Sparkpick digital properties contain links to 3rd party brands and retailers with which we have an affiliate marketing relationship. Tracking links and cookies are used to identify users on Sparkpick properties who subsequently make purchases on partner websites, in order to charge those partners commission on sales referred from Sparkpick.
The Sparkpick affiliate network is operated using the Tune 3rd party affiliate tracking software. We have a data processing agreement (DPA) with Tune which is designed to ensure such processing is conducted in accordance with applicable laws, including EU Data Protection Legislation, and with due respect for the rights and freedoms of individuals whose Personal Data is processed.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
1. You may exercise certain rights regarding the storage and use of your personal information.
2. You may withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given you consent to the processing of your personal information.
3. You may have your personal information deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain from Ace Media the erasure of your data.
4. You may lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before your competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to Sparkpick through the contact details provided below. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as early as possible and always within one month.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by using our contact form or by mail at email@example.com.